A 10-year-old girl and her cat saved their whole family from a fire. They are celebrated as heroes by the city’s fire department.
On January 20, at 6 a.m., Sage, the Gallaway family cat, woke up her young mistress Kassidee by stepping on her face. The 10-year-old noticed something was wrong right away.
The smell of burnt pizza hung in the air
The girl initially believed that a pizza was burning somewhere. It was very hot in her room and she was having a hard time breathing. She got up to get some air and that’s when she saw that her house was on fire. The girl immediately ran to wake up her parents and her brother.
With great self-control and a lot of composure, she remembered that opening the front door might draw in air and stoke the fire. So she waited until everyone was ready to go out to open the door.
When the front door was opened all the windows exploded and the fire escalated.
Unfortunately Sage did not survive
The whole family is fine, but unfortunately the brave cat did not survive the fire. It had been a month since the Gallaway family adopted her.
City firefighters, The Hoople Fire Department, presented the family with a firefighter helmet in memory of Sage and praised the cat and Kassidee’s act of bravery.
The cat was buried this weekend with honors from the fire department who wrote a note to her: “It was clearly one of us because she saved your family in time.” Never forget your four-legged friend and our common heroine, Sage ”.
A kitty has been opened to help the family who lost everything in the fire.
Read also: 10 people positive for COVID-19 admit where they were infected: everyone believes in a joke
To see also: